Pre-cast Concrete Construction in India is gaining in Construction projects. Sofar Infrastructure projects and urban Transport have been adopting pre-cast Construction because of the build-ability requirements. Presently even the Project-specific Pre-cast Construction quality delivery is mandatory. Current trends show General pre-cast can also gain ground considering the fastest growing demand in the built environment in housing and Office segments. The current study encapsulates the planning aspects of such pre-cast construction in the General Pre-cast scenario with certain case studies in which the author is involved.
Production plant, Transportation, Erection, joint treatments are the 4 basics aspects of the planning which are discussed.
The important aspect of planning is the availability of the following information n capacity.
Pre-cast vendors with capability to produce some or all of the following elements .
- Beams inverted tee or rectangular
- Lights wall panels, structural wall panels
- Hollow core slabs, single tees, doubles tees
The next important capacity is the production capacity of the vendors existing plants within a vicinity of 50 km from the proposed project site.
The access to the site with adequate capacity of the roads for 40 MT trailers radius in the approach roads shall be available. In addition, the vehicles of requisite capacity shall be readily available.
Erection & Handling
Complete site access with adequate space for trailers to park and operating space for the cranes shall be available. The election shall be planned in such a way that the crane boo operating distance shall be available. Lifting hooks, loops , sling of HT cables shall be designed for handling.
Planning Of Precast Construction
The concepts of the precast building are based on the build-ability economy and standardization of precast components. Special attention to be given to the methods of stripping, storing, transporting and erecting precast elements.
- The speed of precast construction depends very much on the planning and execution of installation sequence .
- The crane plays a vital role in ensuring that the components are erected rapidly .
- The position of the crane in relative to the final panel location .
- Efficiency in delivery is important .
- to consider the following pointers , particularly for precast concrete components :
- Arrival on time .
- Correct components delivered according to shedule .
- Components delivered without damaged .